Our Aims and Ethos
Our core belief is "We Dream, We Learn, We Grow" – that every student should fulfil their potential. To do this we aim to bring out the best in everyone: to discover the best in everyone, to expect the best from everyone, and to support everyone to achieve their full potential.
Oak Wood School is a friendly and vibrant community where individuals thrive and feel happy, secure, confident and valued. Our approach combines an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment with outstanding pastoral care and support.
We create this ethos and achieve these aims by:
- Providing a broad, balanced, challenging and enriching educational experience for all students
- Nurturing the growth of intellectual curiosity, creativity and independent learning
- Creating opportunities for leadership and challenge
- Fostering a lifelong love of learning
- Ensuring relationships are based on mutual respect
- Encouraging hard work and commitment
- Offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities and enrichment programmes
- Working in partnership with parents and carers; encouraging them to be actively involved in their child's education
- Preparing pupils for their subsequent education and their future lives
- Celebrating success and achievement